Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- Posting Location
- San Diego, CA
This position requires assisting the Director of Purchasing on purchasing responsibilities within the Purchasing Department. The position requires an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, be detail oriented, self-sufficient, dependable, able to cope under pressure, maintain good judgement, eager to learn and have a professional, supportive attitude.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager in the bid preparation for all communities, including set up of online and physical files, Bid Tools, etc.
- Prepare contract forms for each trade upon award and maintain trade contract files.
- Assemble required information to process contract change orders for substitutions, scope of work changes, code updates, etc.
- Interface with Accounting Department to ensure prompt payment for trade partners.
- Interface with Insurance Department to ensure proper coverage is obtained.
- Prepare and submit monthly Schedule of Properties and Community Phase Budgets for the Regional Operating Center.
- Provide administrative support to department as directed by manager.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license
- Typing 50 - 80 wpm
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong grammatical and spelling proficiency and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems and make accurate decisions
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Have a passionate drive to learn and improve. Self-motivated
- Productivity: excellent attendance, excellent work quantity and quality, positive contributor; ability to work successfully in a team environment, strong people skills, works well with others at all levels
- Professional demeanor: projects positive and professional image
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a typewriter, computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.