Brixmor Property Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Manager, Construction
at Brixmor Property Group
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Brixmor Property Group believes great real estate matters, but great people matter even more.
- WE ARE a publicly traded real estate investment trust, owning and operating more than 445 high-quality, open-air shopping centers (77M in GLA)
- WE VALUE highly talented professionals who thrive in a culture of integrity, accountability, empowerment and trust
- OUR MISSION is to aggressively manage our shopping centers, making them relevant to the communities they serve, delivering compelling total returns to our shareholders
- WE BELIEVE that our shopping centers should transform the everyday lives of the communities we serve
We are headquartered in New York City, with major real estate operations in the Atlanta, San Diego, Chicago and Philadelphia markets, and an Accounting Center in Philadelphia.
Senior Project Manager, Construction (Carlsbad, CA)
The Senior Project Manager will report to the VP of Construction in the region and partner with the Director/VP of Redevelopment in the region. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for management, coordination and oversight of assigned construction activities, with primary focus on redevelopments (intensive redevelopments, anchor repositioning, and outparcels) within the company’s portfolio. The position requires a proven track record in management of multiple construction and re/development projects, consultant oversight, initiative, professional judgment and confidentiality. Regular travel throughout the region is required.
- Manage assigned construction related tasks associated including but not limited to:
- Project planning and estimating
- Lease exhibit preparation/review/negotiation
- Plan review
- Consultants Management
- Entitlement Management
- Bid & Award procedures
- Contract negotiation and administration
- Manage projects to achieve project goals and fulfil required lease commitments according to approved schedule & budget
- Organize, manage and track multiple tenant improvement projects simultaneously
- Manage capital improvement projects
- Coordinate with regional and corporate redevelopment teams through project construction phase, including major redevelopment projects. Report on construction progress through project completion.
- Build Tenant and Contractor relationships
- If required, will manage or assist in the management of projects outside primary region
- Estimating and Scheduling ability
- Manage bid review and qualification process
- Knowledge of contract administration
- Knowledge of Lease document terms and format
- Knowledge of Architectural and MEP plan terms and format
- Strong communication, relationship building skills, and computer skills
- Working knowledge of CADD is desirable but not required
- JD Edwards program management is a positive
- eBuilder program management is a positive
- MS Office Suite program management required
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a concentration in construction, engineering, or architecture
- 7 years direct construction management experience, or 5 years construction experience combined with at least 2-3 years of architectural and/or engineering experience. Retail commercial construction experience preferred but not required.
Brixmor offers very competitive pay commensurate with background and responsibilities plus a benefits and perks package that supports career engagement, growth, good health and connection with teammates and our communities.
EOE (Brixmor is an Equal Opportunity Employer)