Bank of Hope
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deputy Chief Information Security Officer - Info Security Architect
at Bank of Hope
Deputy CISO & IS Architect is required to assess and manage technology risks in our Digital Banking Transformation projects and cloud initiatives. Provide compliance guidance per Bank’s IS and Application development standards and provide support to Technology Development Units in their software development Lifecycle. Design and implement Secure SDLC processes.
The team needs to expand its capability to ensure security requirements are assessed for Cloud projects and architecture/design of the hybrid Cloud usage incorporates required security measures.
The Security Architect will have strong technical background in Microsoft’s Azure and should establish relationships with application managers, domain architects, project managers and IT and other disciplines. Key stakeholders will be application development teams, our internal vulnerability assessment teams and the IS organization as a whole.
- Engage in the initial requirements definition for Cloud projects (including analysis of threats and risks and alignment with IS and Architecture standards)
- Conduct threat modeling and architecture risk analysis, including Secure SDLC testing requirements throughout the development lifecycle
- Security review of applications including responsibility for driving requirements definition and risk analysis
- Provide Information Security Architectural analysis and support to cloud initiatives and projects.
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research.
- Conduct sophisticated architecture reviews - from high level web application architecture to OS level parameters in order to meet security goals
- Design patterns, repeatable guidance, and where necessary, policy
- Recognize, adopt and instill good practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence, and more. We’re building good habits across the org
- Security consultation with both product-focused and horizontal teams, both engineering and not
- Exercise risk-based judgment, and to help teams to make the right security calls
- Design and coordinate cohesive security-centric strategies and toolsets to achieve our team’s goals
- Support periodic on-call escalation responsibilities
- Propose, evaluate, and oversee development of security tools and systems to solve capability challenges
- Plan the resolution of any identified vulnerabilities/issues and the Deputy CISO will be a back up to the CISO.
- Fluency with Microsoft Azure and AWS
- 8 years of demonstrated experience with focus in areas such as systems, network or security
- Previous hands-on experience in designing secure cloud implementations involving SAAS, PAAS and IAAS
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols, encryption protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- Strong background in Authentication and Authorization concepts
- Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures and facilitate implementation of DevSecOps
- Comprehension of algorithms and processes for programmatic automation via scripting or programming languages (Python, Ruby, shell, perl, etc.)
- Well-rounded background in host, network and application security
- Maturity, judgment, mentoring, nurturing, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and team leader skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset, and ability to escalate at appropriate levels of urgency.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 8 years equivalent technology experience