Azusa Pacific University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Manager - School of Nursing
at Azusa Pacific University
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
Azusa Pacific University is seeking a Program Manager for the School of Nursing (SON) at the San Diego Regional Campus (SDRC) that will serve the RN to BSN, Bridge for ADN, and MSN programs. The Program Manager’s primary focus is to participate in the recruitment and enrollments of students, provide support to faculty and overseeing the day-to-day administration in the program, and outreach for clinical placements and preceptors at the San Diego regional campus. The position will also provide oversight and tracking of student placements, student background and health checks, student clinical requirements, and faculty clinical requirements.
We are looking for an individual who is efficient and thrives being a member of a team. The ability to prioritize and multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing organizational support, is essential in this role. The ideal candidate is resourceful, solves problems, organized, and is sensitive to confidential information.
The position reports to the SDRC Nursing Site Director and works closely the faculty, students, and clinical placement team. The position is located at our SDRC location. Azusa Pacific University’s School of Nursing represents faculty, staff, and over 1,990 students that make up nine academic departments in a variety of nursing undergraduate, masters, and doctoral programs across five California regional campuses.
- Master’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Four years of experience in a client based, service-oriented environment, or administration
- Experience in higher education preferred
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
The following are the general areas of responsibility that covers customer service of students and faculty, program administration, department specific tasks, as well as other general employee responsibilities:
Program Customer Service (Students and Faculty)
- Coordinate the program admissions tracking of applications, completeness, and communications between the department and potential students.
- Recruitment and new student orientation preparation, planning, and execution
- Serve as the point person that will monitor and track each student in the program from start to completion.
- Ensure students have the appropriate clearances to participate in program and/or clinical activities.
- Coordinate the program evaluation processes such as surveys, exit interviews, student completion tracking.
- Assist program faculty with the process of creating course schedules, class rosters, book orders, coordination of academic activities, etc.
- Oversee the management for student files.
- Maintain the program’s calendar of activities and coordinate faculty, student, and alumni engagement.
- Coordinate with university services such as catering, printing and binding, mailroom, room resources, information and media technology, facility and equipment requests, etc.
- Create, maintain, and distribute promotional materials for events.
- Maintain department databases and report systems for grants, accreditations, and academic evaluations (e.g., WASC, AACN, BRN)
- Manage student employees and their assignment of their daily duties and coordinate their schedules for coverage of the department programs to support staff, faculty, and students.
- Create and maintain meeting minutes and correspondence as directed.
- Provide administrative support to the Nursing Site Director.
Clinical Placement in SDRC
- Manage clinical placement of students in San Diego programs
- Assist with identification and assignment of clinical facilities and preceptors
- Maintain communication and positive relationships with health providers and clinical facilities.
- Verify all required documentation, background checks, and health records for students placed in clinical facilities
- Provide clinical facility information to students and faculty.
- Oversee and maintain preceptor files to ensure documents and licenses are up to date, as required by accrediting bodies.
- Prepare and submit annual and periodical reports, surveys, and reports relating to clinical placements.
- Maintain database for School of Nursing preceptor assignments.
- Collect and analyze data related to clinical placements.
- Develop and implement policies related to clinical placements.
- Direct process for submitting required reports to all affiliating clinical agencies.
- Support both program and school activities/assignments that may include evening and weekend hours.
- Manage sensitive and confidential file systems in both digital and physical formats.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines while working in a service-oriented environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Critically think using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying; take time to understand the points others make, ask questions as appropriate, and do not interrupt at inappropriate times.
- Can work independently, show independent judgment, and is able to follow-through on assigned work.
- Deal with problems in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Collaborate and communicate as an effective team member and team builder.
- Exercise independent judgment with confidential and non-confidential information.
- Work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Interface professionally with faculty, staff, and students.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at a computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to use stairs or ramps as needed in executing job duties at university facilities.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Extensive software skills in Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, etc.) and Microsoft Office with a proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Preferred experience with APU programs includes SPSS, PeopleSoft, 25Live, GoToMeeting, iModules, Adobe Acrobat, HelloSign, Vidyo, Canva, CORE ELMS, etc.
- Grade 8: $21.44 - $27.87/hour
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.