Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AVI-SPL, Inc.
• Generate sales for Audio Visual systems through developing and maintaining client relationships and expanding the company’s current client base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify sales prospects within assigned territory and provide accurate forecasts and activity reports to management
• Analyze cross-selling and up-selling opportunities ensuring that all company products and services have been thoroughly presented and the sales cycle successfully executed
• Exhibit a consultative sales approach to determine a customer’s visual collaboration needs.
• Develop price quotations and bid responses that are complete, accurate, and profitable.
• Prepare contracts and pricing strategies for targets accounts and submit all required documentation
• Work with the installation team to ensure a smooth transition from sale to installation
• Responsible for developing and executing quarterly sales plans to expand existing client base and generate new business to meet established quota
• Attend and participate in weekly office sales meetings
• Meet or exceed aggressive monthly GP quota
• Design and implement focused prospecting tools such as webinars, seminars, and email campaigns to increase sales and expand our customer base in the designated territory
• Establish professional relationships with manufacturer sales and sales engineering personnel.
• Actively use internal databases to complete client contact information, provide detailed notes and track pending activities
• Follow up on leads within 24 hours of client inquiry
• Represent company at technological briefings and trade shows as assigned
• Participate in training and professional development activities as prescribed by management
• Monitor non-installed product commissions on a weekly basis to ensure timely completion by the end of the month
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to understand, present and demonstrate visual collaboration products and services to end user customers
• Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
• Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive matters with discretion
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Must have clear and professional communication skills (written and oral) both internally and externally
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients, and colleagues and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
• A four year degree is preferred
• At least 3 - 5 years’ experience of direct selling in the AV/VTC area is a preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers).
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position regularly requires employees to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment
• This position can have up to 2 – 3 direct reports
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law