Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Representative - CL
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Commercial Lines Service
Job Title: Account Representative - CL
Department: Commercial Lines
Reports to: Commercial Lines Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Code: CL13ARPN
Summary: Surrounded by an enthusiastic staff, our high-level Property & Casualty Account Managers provide excellent service to our commercial line clients. Account Managers are responsible for keeping informed of industry developments, remaining consistently engaged in team initiatives and establishing themselves as a partner with current clients to become their trusted resource for all insurance inquiries and service
Experienced Property and Casualty Account Manager
- Ready to LOVE your weekdays like you LOVE your weekends?
- Ready to work side-by-side with the best in the industry?
- Ready for a company that will value your contributions?
- If so, Owen-Dunn Insurance Services is ready for you!
At Owen-Dunn, an AssuredPartners agency, we feel it is important to hire and support professionals who are dedicated to the success of our clients, the growth of our agency, and the development of themselves. We treat our employees with great respect, promote physical and emotional wellness, and cheer on the success of our colleagues who positively impact our culture. Because of our employment philosophy, our employees have nominated us for the Sacramento Business Journal's "A+ Employers Award" for twelve consecutive years, placing us in the Top Ten nine years and counting! We work hard. But no matter how busy we get, we celebrate what drives our continued success -- the people who work together to create our motivated team.
- Stay current on agency markets, insurance forms and coverages;
- Manage a generalist book of business with accounts ranging in size from $100k-$1M+ in premium. Industries include construction, lumber, trucking, cannabis and property management;
- Communicate with clients, in writing and by phone, to discuss renewals, explain time lines and expectations, ensuring the proper handling of accounts, the discussion of coverages with clients, and recommendation and writing of additional coverages;
- Coordinate and oversee the handling of claims, from first report to claims closure. Coordinate potential or actual errors and omissions claims, advancing payment for clients, and ongoing management of client-based projects.
- Provide written proposal to explain coverages and pricing, and provide to Producers for client renewal review. Oversee certificate distribution;
- Order renewals with selected carriers. Bill the client on “agency billed” policies and confirm with the client payment terms;
- Ensure client and coverage data is input by new business producer and marketing department. Assume management data in EPIC to keep our electronic files current. Documents insurance conversations when there is a change in coverage or advice is given to change coverage; and
- Work closely with other members of the department and communicate updates to producers to enhance sales strategy and agency initiatives.
Owen-Dunn Insurance Services has been addressing the needs of California businesses since 1949. We have grown into a position of leadership in the industry by maintaining our firm foundation of integrity and performance excellence. We work to be our clients’ trusted advisors, learning their business operations and risk management concerns. In that way we can deliver tailored risk management programs with thoughtful strategic planning, valuable professional services, and technology-based solutions. With our experience, initiative and follow-through, we help our clients find answers, implement solutions, and anticipate consequences. It's this approach that sets us apart from the competition.
Located near the California State Fairgrounds, we offer competitive benefits, state-of-the-art technology systems and resources, and a team of professionals who collaborate for agency and client success. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a stable, well-established, and respected firm. We invite you to apply today.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a company that possesses great stability, (as evidenced by the many years we've been in business), while ready to advance further into your career, Apply Today! We look forward to hearing from you!
Owen-Dunn Insurance Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A demonstrated ability to build strong, professional relationships.
- Current California Insurance License with insurance designations.
- 5+ years Account Management experience including large accounts and with various industries.
- College degree preferred.
- Captive Insurance experience preferred.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Strong familiarity with internet is also required;
- Strong verbal and communication skills, with good command of the English language; and
- An engaging attitude and dynamic energy; a team-player who will contribute positively to the work environment.