Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Driver - Delivery Technician
at Apria Healthcare
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Logistics (Driver Positions)
- Location : Location
- Full/Part Time
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
Delivery Technicians (DTs) at Apria improve the quality of life for our patients at home by delivering, setting up, and instructing patients on the use of medical equipment in their homes and care facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick up and deliver medical equipment (e.g., respiratory supplies, oxygen equipment, hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.) and oxygen to patients in their homes.
- Assemble, set up, inspect and test equipment, and instruct patients and caregivers on basic operation and maintenance, in accordance with state licensing limitations.
- Complete paperwork relating to deliveries, pick-ups, testing and equipment checks, repairs, vehicle inspections, etc.
- Load and unload company vehicles with equipment and oxygen.
- Operate non-commercial vehicles (<10,000lbs GVW and carrying a combination of oxygen less than 1,001 lbs) carrying medical equipment and oxygen.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections and check for gasoline, oil and fluid levels, tire pressure, and brakes.
- May be required to clean, disinfect and assist with equipment repairs.
- May be required to work after-hours and on an on-call basis.
- Successfully complete all required safe driving programs, abide by applicable motor vehicle laws and ordinances, and demonstrate safe driving practices at all times throughout employment.
- Maintain valid licenses and endorsements required for the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- At least 1 year of related experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Valid Non-Commercial Driver’s License (e.g., Class C) in the state where the employee works
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Team player
- Responsive and flexible
- Excellent vehicle operation skills and safe driving behavior
- Compassionate and patient-centered
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Frequent lifting/carrying 10 - 160 lbs, including up and down stairs
- Frequent pushing/pulling 20 lbs – 60 lbs, including up and down stairs
- Frequent sitting/standing/bending/stooping/squatting/kneeling/rotating/twisting
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, night (low to limited light) vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to communicate well with others
The physical demands described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare!
Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available (including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k)
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet