Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Branch Logistics Supervisor
at Apria Healthcare
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Logistics (Driver Positions)
- Location : Location
- Full/Part Time
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The Branch Logistics Supervisor performs, plans, and coordinates the daily activity of all Logistics personnel and functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the Logistics department for the branch to optimize timely and accurate delivery of products
- Promotes staff compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, where applicable, including but not limited to: providing documents for the driver qualification file and abiding by hours of service, daily log, and hazardous materials (placarding, training and shipping papers)
- Promotes vehicle safety including daily vehicle inspections, reports, and routine maintenance
- Manages daily and on-call Delivery employee schedules.
- Completes daily route preparation
- Assigns additional routes as patient and referral requests are received. May occasionally perform Delivery responsibilities when needed
- Performs special projects such as researching methods to improve productivity and cut costs in the branch distribution function
- May work with Corporate Purchasing on the ordering of special equipment and new products
- Solves problems involving Delivery staff shortages, route changes, and loading equipment
- Monitors and/or maintains close contact with Delivery staff throughout day to troubleshoot problems and facilitate the completion of routesin a timely and accurate manner
- Manage the proper and efficient loading of trucks and assist with loading trucks when necessary.
- Assists ith special orders and equipment
- Maintains daily vehicle maintenance logs and incident reports
- Maintains proper levels of stock in warehouse to ensure maximum profitability
- Performs minor equipment repair and maintenance, as required, and maintains equipment documentation
- Responds to inquiries from patients, referral sources, vendors and Delivery staff regarding equipment orders, patient problems and delivery-related incidents
- Perform on-call duties, as needed
- Manage multiple branch locations, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Typically supervises a team of primarily nonexempt employees
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and performance management of subordinate staff
- Ensures that all direct reports and their subordinates are maintaining acceptable performance levels
- Conducts Staff meetings regularly to review new business requirements
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Meets company minimum standard of Background Check.
- Pass the Department of Transportation Physical.
- Current MVR must meet company minimum standards.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Preferred experience:
- Two years supervisory experience or equivalent
- Two years FDA/DOT/Commercial Driver experience
- Two years in Home Healthcare industry
- Two years inventory management
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- CDL with Hazardous Materials endorsement
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to resolve employee and customer issues timely
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and electronically
- Knowledge of warehousing and inventory management
- Knowledge of DOT, FDA, and OSHA regulations
- Time management skills
- Successful completion of Apria Healthcare’s Management training program (BLU-MAN).
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer relations/problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to use electronic hand held device.
- Microsoft Office programs.
- Complete on-line training and testing.
- Basic printing/faxing/scanning
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic problem solving (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Inventory management software
- ACIS / JDE
- Roadnet Information Center (RIC)
- Previous interaction with the general public in a service management industry
- Frequent lifting/carrying 10 - 160 lbs, including up and down stairs
- Frequent pushing/pulling 20 lbs – 60 lbs, including up and down stairs
- Frequent sitting/standing/bending/stooping/squatting/kneeling/rotating/twisting
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, night (low to limited light) vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle, and commercial motor vehicle, where required
The physical demands described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet