Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Inspector - CWI / NDT
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solution is seeking Special Inspectors for construction projects throughout California. We currently have opportunities available in Los Angeles, Sacramento and the San Francisco Bay area.
- The CWI and NDT Level II candidate shall be capable of and responsible for understanding and interpreting codes, standards, specifications and procedures in order to perform QA functions and NDT inspections to particular test methods
- Shall have sufficient practical Quality Control / Quality Assurance background in applicable materials, fabrication and / or product technology and can assist the design engineer in establishing acceptance criteria where none are otherwise available
- Shall have sufficient training hours and experience in the NDT methods listed below and can demonstrate NDT proficiency by passing ASNT NDT Level II examinations with 80% or better
- Will travel nationwide - Approximately 50% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- Current Certification by ASNT as an NDT Level II or ACCP Professional Level II in at least the following methods:
- Magnetic Particle (MT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Working knowledge of ASNT SNT-TC-1A
- Applicable ASME Code Sections
- AWS Codes and other Codes and Standards as necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- 10+ years of related experience
- Technical aptitude
- Comfortable working in fast paced team environment
- Valid driver's license is required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!