Amec Foster Wheeler
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Amec Foster Wheeler
- Billing Analyst
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- US-CA-San Diego
- Department / Discipline
- Finance Operations
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Billing Analyst to join our team in San Diego, CA.
As a part of our Financial Operations Team in San Diego, the Project Accountant will maintain, monitor and analyze project financials throughout the projects lifecycle. You will also build and maintain relationships with project managers, operations and coworkers. You will be expected to work individually as well as in a team setting.
- PERFORM DAY TO DAY PROJECT ACCOUNTING FUNCTION
- Review contract’s billing terms and conditions in order to approve contract set up in accounting system
- Process rate corrections, write offs, holds to projects per Project Managers written request
- Distribute Prebills for Project Management review and approval
- Invoice in accordance with contract terms
- Data entry of unit pricing on projects
- Increase budget/fees per contract modifications
- Open Phases and Tasks per Project Management requests
- Clear revenue variances weekly and as per Month End Schedule
- Process Credit Memos and Reinstatements
- Review WIP and A/R bi-weekly for accuracy issues and WIP for aging. Immediately report to direct Supervisor any problem projects or issues
- Maintain complete audit files for each project’s billing
- Close out projects
- SUPPORT OPERATIONS NEEDS
- Provide assistance, financial information, and training to Operations staff as required
- Work closely with PM’s, office managers and administrators to process accounting needs of projects and communicate changes that may impact their work
- Actively participate as a member of the group Project Accounting Team
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related field a plus
- 2 - 3 years’ experience preferred
- Organized and detailed oriented a must
- Must be able to quickly get up to speed on assigned projects as well as Wood policies and procedures
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems
- Good computer skills including MS Office Suite and strong Excel skills to perform audit activities
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!