The Alzheimer's Association, serving California Southland provides a variety of education, information and support services to persons with dementia, their families, health care professionals, and the community. We are looking to hire a Program and Education Manager to develop and evaluate Alzheimer's Association California Southland Chapter programs and services in the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas. The Program and Education Manager works independently to problem solve, counsel, educate and coach constituents, volunteers and staff. This position is bilingual English/Spanish.
This opportunity can frequently work from a home based office in San Fernando/Santa Clarita Valley with travel to the Beverly Hills office as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Work collaboratively with the Program Director to establish strategic goals for the assigned region. Plan, execute, evaluate and report all core services and regional program activity in the chapter's coverage area.
- Successfully demonstrate and independently carry out the delivery of the chapter's core services as determined by the Portfolio of Common Programs and chapter work plans. Core services include, but are not limited to, 24/7 helpline, care consultation, support groups, caregiver education, professional training, and outreach.
- Develop and execute an education and outreach program to physicians and health care providers in the region.
- Identify and manage staff to meet the needs of diverse communities and populations, with a focus on the development of programs and services for the Latino population. Must be fluent in Spanish
- Represent and assist the Association at public events such as health fairs, and health care, conferences, workshops and advocacy events.
- Assist in the recruitment and supervision of interns, volunteers and advocates as appropriate. Identify, engage, and train high level volunteers for the purposes of program services delivery. Acts independently in supervising the work of volunteers and interns assigned to achieve program goals.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to create and support a cultivation plan for constituents and companies, providing education and awareness around Alzheimer's disease and Alzheimer's Association services.
- Work with the Chapters communications department to develop and implement strategies to market Chapter services and programs in the greater San Fernando Valley Community.
- Inform Program Director and appropriate chapter staff of emerging issues about potential programmatic opportunities.
- Keep abreast of current disease information, initiatives of the chapter and national office via online technology, journals and other sources provided.
- Assure compliance with all Association policies, procedures, Standards and applicable regulatory and grant requirements; promote Association wide programs and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters' degree required in human services, gerontology, social work or a related field.
- Two to four years of experience working with individuals and families.
- Two to four years of leadership experience in program administration including needs assessment, program development, delivery, management and evaluation.
- Knowledge of applicable healthcare delivery systems and issues such as: Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, HMOs, long term care insurance, etc
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the Chapter area with some evening, weekend, and overnight travel required.
- Knowledge of best practices of managing volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Access to a reliable vehicle, valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Send your resume and cover letter:
- by mail:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, California Southland
9606 S. Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
If apply ing by e-mail, please attach your resume andcover letter as Microsoft Word documents, or includeboth within the text of your e-mail message.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employerand we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.