Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Coordinator, Wellness and Fitness
- Job ID
- Customer Service
The Wellness and Fitness Program Coordinator develops and delivers comprehensive worksite wellness programs under the direction of the Total Wellness Manager. Wellness programs include Wellness Center (gym) activities, health awareness, educational campaigns, behavior change programs, wellness challenges, health assessments, screenings and more. Primary job functions include fitness class design and instruction, monitoring the gym floor, health coaching, employee education, client communications, marketing/promotion, and the development and implementation of new projects. The Wellness and Fitness Program Coordinator proactively contributes to all wellness initiatives and works collaboratively with the Wellness team.
- Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, delivery and evaluation of comprehensive corporate wellness programs (including but not limited to: Wellness Center activities and challenges, awareness events and classes, health communications and health coaching, health education, and program analysis.)
- Provide personalized fitness evaluations, and fitness plans that align with goals and provide follow up over time to monitor progress and next steps.
- Develop and teach exercise classes daily.
- Performs research on relevant topics in health promotion, wellness initiative and disease prevention, as needed.
- Perform emergency first aid when needed, including treating minor injuries with bandages or wrapping and administering ice.
- Provide proactive supervision of all members and guests exercising in the fitness center by demonstrating proper operation of fitness equipment.
- Monitor Wellness Center members on their progress and make changes to their individual fitness plans based on any physical changes and increased or decreased fitness levels.
- Enforce all gym policies and safety rules and maintain a safe and comfortable environment in which clients can exercise.
- Respond to employee questions, suggestions, and concerns in a timely and professional manner while providing the gold standard in customer service.
- Assist in Wellness Center enrollments, cancellations and tracking of wellness center functions.
- Assist in implementing all approved AltaMed Live Well employee wellness programming.
- Maintain wellness and fitness related schedules, records and reports.
- Clean and maintain all fitness equipment, safety equipment and amenities so that it is ready for clients to use at any time and report any needed repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in the field of health and wellness (i.e. community health, public health, kinesiology, nutrition)
- Personal training certificate required
- CPR/AED certification required
- Certifications in the field preferred (Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES), Certified Wellness Coach (CWC))
- Previous experience in the field preferred: personal training, health coaching, Corporate Wellness or community health programming
- Spanish speaking is a plus