Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
Under the direction of a Medical Director, this position will work directly with the health care team and patients to provide safe and effective pharmacy services in addition to the dispensing of medications. The pharmacist will provide ambulatory pharmaceutical care services using approved guidelines in collaboration with other health professional, including managing patient drug therapy and providing patient education.
- Conducts patient medication history inquiries upon referral from physicians and other medical personnel.
- Given a diagnosis, synthesize a treatment plan, which may include drug therapy and lifestyle modifications, and transition within the continuum of care settings.
- Identifies, resolves, and prevents potential and actual medication-related problems including: untreated indications, improper drug selection, subtherapeutic dosage, overdose, failure to receive medication, adverse drug reactions, drug interactions, and medication without indication.
- Under protocol, initiates, adjusts, monitors, and recommends changes in drug therapy based on information obtained through patient interviews, objective monitoring parameters, review of drug profiles and the patient medical record.
- Coordinates and interprets laboratory monitoring of drug therapy, including serum drug levels, electrolytes, and other approved drug-related laboratory testing.
- Provides patient monitoring for the purpose of evaluating and optimizing patient outcomes, drug utilization and patient compliance, detecting and/or minimizing ADR's, eliminating unnecessary drug use and duplication.
- Provides patient education related to the individual's disease state, including predictable actions, side effects, reasons for proper compliance, and any special instruction.
- Assure ongoing performance improvement of the pharmaceutical care services provided.
- Provide functional direction to care management team, analyze and resolve problems in order to assure high quality and efficient workflow to improve health outcomes.
- Monitor and analyze the clinical quality measures (HEIDIS) in an effort to maintain high performance in the all the measures.
- Provides education to providers and staff via presentations, newsletters, formal utilization reviews, and one-on-one interactions.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and a California pharmacist license required.
- Minimum two years as a practicing Pharmacist required and five or more years preferred.
- Board certification (BCACP) in ambulatory care or completion of a Pharmacy practice residency preferred.