Children's Bureau of Southern California
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P/T Family Enrichment Teacher (18 hrs)
at Children's Bureau of Southern California
Magnolia Place (Los Angeles)
Child Development Center
I. TITLE: P/T Family Enrichment Teacher (18 hrs)
II. PREFERRED PREREQUISITES:
- BA Degree in Child Development; will consider applicants with an AA Degree from a two-year community college
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Background experience in working with parents and young children
(2-3 years’ experience) required.
Must be Bilingual (English/Spanish)
III. REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor I
IV. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Under general supervision, the Parent - Child Development Educator/Teacher will develop and implement a 0-5 year’s old enrichment program .Provide support and information to parents enrolled in the enrichment program, may also facilitate the NuParent Program and other parent and child groups.
V. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements the 0-5 years old Enrichment Program and Early Childhood Family Engagement activities.
- Works closely with children to make developmental progress on all 5 domains of child development including physical, social and emotional, language and cognitive development. Conducts developmental screenings
- Makes appropriate referrals for families and children upon needed. Follows up on referrals to determine if services were received and if needs were met.
- Documents follow-ups on children with Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) or Individualize Education Program (IEP) in a timely manner.
- Supports parents with community resources on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Implements the curriculum and philosophy of the program which is aligned with Protective Factors.
- S trong commitment to the population served by the program and committed to their success.
- Works closely with enrichment program parents. .
- Become an integral part of a cohesive Early Childhood Education Team.
- Facilitates the NuParent Program or other parent/child groups as requested.
- Conducts intakes and orientations with incoming families
- Maintains confidentiality in matters of agency operations, personnel, and clients.
- Maintains positive communications with all agency staff, clients, and visitors.
- Exercise good judgment in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Supports existing agency policies, principles and mission.
- Other related duties as assigned.
If you wish to submit a resume only, please click here: