Children's Bureau of Southern California
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Support Counselor II
at Children's Bureau of Southern California
Magnolia Place (Los Angeles)
I. TITLE: Family Support Counselor II
II. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Human Services/Behavioral Sciences from an accredited university
- Successful experience working with families, children and/or parents, and community outreach skills preferred
- Ability to use diagnostic skills to make assessments
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
III. REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor I or II or above
IV. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Family Support Counselor II is responsible for implementing a community-based prevention effort for at-risk families. This includes in-home education, in-home training of parenting and home safety skills, parent education classes, short term case management, and linking families to needed resources within the community.
V. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Prevention Efforts
- Conduct face-to-face family assessments; screen/assess for eligibility into the specific prevention program
- Educate families and individuals in home
- Teach and model parenting skills in home
- Conduct parent education classes
- Assist families in identifying/reaching appropriate community resources
- Develop “parent leaders” for management of support and self help groups
- Maintain case files and notes, (including releases, etc.)
- Maintain Work and Activity Sheets, statistics, court reports/letters, as required
- Maintain high profile in the community
- Maintain/provide current resource referrals within the community
- Develop/maintain effective working relations with all individuals and agencies impacting program within the community
- May assist Program Supervisor with developing and implementing community outreach programs
- Maintains confidentiality in matters of agency operations, personnel, and clients.
- Maintains positive communications with all agency staff, clients and visitors.
- Exercises good judgment in performance of duties and responsibilities
- Supports existing agency policies, principles and mission.
- Other related duties as assigned.
If you wish to submit a resume only, please click here: