Nutrien Ag Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Golf/Landscaping Sales Representative - San Diego, CA
at Nutrien Ag Solutions
- System ID
- Job Category
- Sales & Marketing
- Business Unit
- Retail - Nutrien Ag Solutions
- Number of Positions (Vacancies)
Golf/Landscaping Sales Representative – Nutrien Ag Solutions (San Diego, CA, USA)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Golf/Landscape Sales Representative position is immediately available in the San Diego territory. Candidate will be responsible to devise and implement sales plans and market development in the area.
What you will do:
- Understanding of chemical and fertilizers, and the ability to put together agronomic plans for clients
- Understand basic cultural practices related to golf course turf management
- Become active and involved with local industry associations
- Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to make cold calls and deepen existing business relationships
- Work with local manager and fellow reps to develop market strategies
- Forecast seasonal product needs by working with purchasing and operations managers
- Conduct occasional product demos/trials
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Turfgrass, Horticulture, Soil Science or related field
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hold a California PCA license or have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Hold the ability to problem solve and respond quickly
- Able to occasionally lift 50 pounds
- Hold valid driver’s license
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.