Agonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Agonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
This position is for a 1 year direct hire contract.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
A Category Manager works within the Supply Management organization to improve the value that is delivered using a category management framework. The role collaborates with senior internal partners, supply chain teams, and suppliers to use continuous improvement techniques to improve internal Business Unit and supply chain outcomes. The role ensures Supply Management is perceived as a positive, significant, value-adding partner to the business by providing solutions to business and operational supply chain challenges, improving processes to reduce total costs of ownership, and maintaining a strategic approach to procurement and supply management.
- Typically handles between $1M - $50M in annual spend [threshold may be lower for inventory handled in the case of materials]. Leads negotiations, coordinates all stages of strategic procurement, helps facilitate supplier performance measurement, and collaborates with key suppliers to identify potential areas for improvement. Manages and identifies supplier alliance opportunities. Supports internal utility Business Unit’s supplier management efforts.
- Works with clients to develop and manage tools vital to track supplier performance (ex: scorecards), communicates supplier performance metrics to relevant stakeholders on a regular basis, collaborates with all levels of Supply Management and Business Unit clients, including senior management, leads and participates in cross-functional teams, including representatives from Business Unit clients, DBE & Supplier Excellence, Information Technology, Metrics, procurement operations, and/or Legal.
- Develops and maintains category plans that find opportunities for operational efficiencies, drive cost savings, manage risk, improve safety, drive innovation, and ensure the continuous development of categories managed.
- Supervises, plans, leads, and assumes complete responsibility for all activities and processes associated with the categories assigned.
- Performs detailed analysis to support the development of category plans, including but not limited to:
- Meeting with internal customers to understand their needs, requirements, and plans
- Determining the impact of joint efforts on supplier KPI’s
- Analyzing historical spend
- Forecasting future spend based on demand planning
- Building should cost models
- Calculating total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Crafting supplier profiles
- Conducting market research to identify new suppliers, to predict stresses on the supply base, and to manage pricing (e.g., index pricing and volume discounts)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years’ experience
- Deep commodity or domain expertise with materials, construction services, EPC contracting, professional services procurement, sourcing, and/or project management
- Additional preferred education/experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or other advanced academic training
- Professional Certification, such as CPM or CPSM
- Project Management expertise in the utility industry
- A demonstrated ability to attain skill development in addition to work duties
- Demonstrated analytical ability (using data to solve operational problems)
- A working understanding of utility and/or energy environments, operating procedures, and economics or regulation
- Process improvement skills to improve entire existing processes, systems or products
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Company paid Pension
401K Plan with employer match
Share purchase/match plan
Generous time off program
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success.
We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each employee to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team.