Agile Defense, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sys Admin IV
at Agile Defense, Inc.
Requisition #: SYSAD02340
Job Title: Sys Admin IV
Location: San Diego, CA
Clearance Level: Active DoD - Secret
Required Certification(s): Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or 2016 certification, such as Identity with Microsoft Server 2016, Administering Windows Server 2012, or similar, DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II CE certification, such as a CompTIA Security CE certification, prior to starting on the contract.
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
Agile Defense is looking for a highly motivated Windows desktop and server System Administrator to support the Naval Information Warfare Systems Command (NAVWAR) Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC PAC) in San Diego, CA. As a System Administrator, you will work under the direction of the NIWC Pac Government system administrator lead to provide Windows desktop and server expertise to the team responsible for the NIWC PAC BMC Remedy ITSM Software as a Service (SaaS). Desktop support includes the maintenance and troubleshooting of approx. 8 local Microsoft Windows 10 developer laptops while server support includes the maintenance and troubleshooting of classified and unclassified development, test, and production Microsoft Windows servers in remote environments running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2016.
- Applying OS and third party patches (e.g., Java, Tomcat, Common Access Card (CAC) middleware, Host Based Security System (HBSS), etc.) to Microsoft Windows desktops and servers, ensuring no systems are quarantined for non-compliance with DoD patching requirements and timelines.
- Standing-up new virtualized servers in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud or Navy data center environments.
- Working under the direction of the NIWC Pac Government system administrator lead to install applications or updates to applications, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Apache Tomcat, or Microsoft IIS.
- Configuring network settings and any other required settings to new virtualized servers in the AWS GovCloud or NAVY data center environments.
- Creating new baselines in AWS and the Navy data center environments for new Microsoft Windows operating systems as required.
- Incorporating application and OS updates into new baselines for servers in AWS and the Navy data center environments.
- Following incident and change management best practices for troubleshooting desktop and server issues, documenting efforts and time spent in BMC Remedy ITSM.
- Proactively reviewing log files and performance monitors to minimize the likelihood of desktop and server outages.
- Monitoring system backups to ensure backups remain current and successfully complete.
- Serving as surge or gap coverage for phone support to BMC Remedy ITSM customers when requested. Duties including documenting customer issues or requests in BMC Remedy ITSM tickets and resolving requests when possible.
- Documenting install and configuration steps in installation guides and creating standard operating procedures (SOPs) for other team members when required.
- Complying with all DoD Information Assurance and Cyber-Security Workforce security requirements, including maintaining a DoD Secret Clearance, maintaining NIWC Pac security training requirements, and maintaining an IAT Level II certification status (including the continuing education requirements for DoD 8570.01 compliance and Microsoft Windows training).
- Other duties as requested.
- Candidates must have a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or 2016 certification, such as Identity with Microsoft Server 2016, Administering Windows Server 2012, or similar
- The candidate must obtain a DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II CE certification, such as a CompTIA Security CE certification, prior to starting on the contract.
Background Needed and Years of Experience:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience administering Microsoft Windows servers and at least 1 year of experience administering Microsoft Windows desktops is required.
- Proven on-the-job problem solving skills.
- DoD experience required, including an understanding of the DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) process.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems.
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows server and desktop environments.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving issues with Windows servers and desktops.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience working in a commercial cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write detailed documentation for both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Possess a positive attitude, with a strong customer focus and desire to support the Navy and DoD.
- Must have some flexibility with scheduling to ensure team coverage occurs during required time periods.
- Strong understanding of and ability to demonstrate the Agile Defense Core Values: Happy, Helpful, Honest, Humble, Hungry, Hustle
Strength Demands: Sedentary – 10 lbs. Maximum lifting, occasional lift/carry of small articles. Some occasional walking or standing may be required. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Stand or Sit
- Repetitive Motion
- Use Hands / Fingers to Handle or Feel
- Talk or Hear
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Agile Defense, Inc. does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.