Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Warehouse Specialist performs clerical and physical tasks in connection with shipping goods of the establishment in which employed and receiving incoming shipments. In performing day-to-day, routine tasks, this worker follows established guidelines.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- In handling unusual non-routine problems, this worker receives specific guidance from supervisor or other officials.
- Shipping duties typically involve the following: verifying that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods gathered for shipment against documents; insuring that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles, and preparing and keeping records of goods shipped, e.g., manifests, bills of lading.
- Receiving duties typically involve the following: verifying the correctness of incoming shipments by comparing items and quantities unloaded against bills of lading, invoices, manifests, storage receipts, or other records, checking for damaged goods, insuring that goods are appropriately identified for routing to departments within the establishment, and preparing and keeping records of goods received.
- Other duties include: Receiving/Issuing material, Loading/Unloading trucks, Processing/Issuing receipts, assisting with inventories, assisting with maintaining shop stores inventory, and performing general shop cleanup.
- Specific duties will include: Inspect received material to verify NSN/part number, nomenclature, type, correct quantity, to ascertain compliance with contract, purchase agreement and stock catalogs.
- The candidate will provide a wide range of customer service functions including assisting customer in locating appropriate material and determining stock status.
- The primary function of this position is to provide on-site processing of material requisition, receipt, storage, issue, and inventory management as required to support operation and maintenance of government and company owned assets.
- The candidate will manage and maintain accountability of physical inventories in accordance with established government/company procedures.
- The candidate will process all receipts and issues in accordance with applicable regulations/instructions.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Security Clearance REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain, maintain, at minimum a SECRET security clearance.
- Must have a clean valid driver's license.
- Will be required to obtain a certification to drive forklift.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment.
- Ability to stand for periods of time to and exceeding 60 minutes.
- Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key calculator, bending or squatting.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Computer experience.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Ability to understand written material and basic math skills