Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Status: Full-Time/Regular
Job Reference #: 5792
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Applying basic and some advanced technical knowledge to solve routing problems by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals and engineering drawings with 2+ years of experience.
- Work requires familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits and judgement in planning work sequence, in selecting tools, testing instruments, and is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices. Familiarity also with AC/DC circuits, relays, and PLC’s.
- Compliant with safety, security, property and material management, time and attendance.
- Maintains records of inspections, repairs and recurring maintenance checklists.
- Keeps current on procedures, policies, instructions, technical orders, and manufacturer’s manuals. Guidelines include those established by the supervisor, manufacture’s handbooks, the National Electric Code, and engineering handbooks appropriate to the trade.
- Follows established safety procedures and utilizes safety protective equipment and clothing that pertains to particular trades or skills. May be required to climb poles using safety harness.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Conduit and other regular electrician experience is a plus.
- Position requires about 50% travel.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum two (2) years experience with fabricating, installing, modifying, and troubleshooting electronic equipment.
- Proficient in reading wiring schematics and assembly drawings.
- Experience with soldering practices and familiar with printed circuit boards and power supplies.
- Experience with Pre-Installation Test and Check-Out (PITCO) and System Operational Verification Test (SOVT).
- Familiar with Quality Assurance procedures in assembly production phases.
- Use of power tools, drills and saws.
- Possible standing for full shift during assigned tasking.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical hand tools.
- Experience with fiber optic and copper communications, installation and termination.
- Experience with exterior electrical/Comms conduit installation to power panels and junction boxes.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Basic skills in using various computer software, including ability to use the Windows operating system as well as common Office software such as Microsoft outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.