Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager, IT Vendor Management
at Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Job ID
- Information Technology
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. Aerojet Rocketdyne offers a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
We seek a Senior Manager - IT Vendor Management in our Sacramento, CA location.
Technology Vendor Management will have a passion for delivering Company wide technology products and services, defining process improvement and scaling company vendor relations along with a desire to relentlessly champion best practices in a growing Aerospace and Defense company. You will lead the Vendor Management Office by defining goals, standards, methods and procedures to optimize all technology and IT vendors effectiveness across the company. You will be responsible for a combination of IT vendor contract, performance relationship and risk management. The Vendor Management team has both direct and matrixed team members dedicated to creating a value drive Vendor Management Portfolio.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
100% - Translates IT roadmap plans into vendor requirements, uses expertise in the development of commercial terms with providers to advise and lead the requirements definition for procurement, legal, IT and business teams.
- Works closely with Finance to develop the financial models and strategy for commercial agreements, including budget requirements, optimal models, and participates in negotiation efforts to deliver optimal financial and business terms.
- Participates in annual planning with executive leaders for functional area, advising on trade-offs, helping budget for priorities and synergy opportunities.
- Provides oversight and produces recommendations and executes tactics to deliver requirements within budget.
- Facilitates and maintains relationships between strategic vendors and internal resources, including IT stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Demonstrated senior management experience and expertise with at least 10 years of progressive portfolio management experience leading large-scale cross-functional and global programs and portfolios.
- Identifies appropriate relationships in conjunction with internal customers and vendors to drive proper alignment on business and operational topics.
- Manages escalation and arbitration of relationship and operational issues if other avenues fail.
- Participates in the measuring of vendor performance and shares responsibility for the governance for vendors.
- Provide leadership and set the strategic direction, mission and vision of the Vendor Management capability in alignment with the strategic and operational objectives of the technology organizations and the business.
- Develop organizational design and functional roles and responsibilities for technology vendor management.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including IT and business resources, sourcing and procurement to develop criteria and best practices for vendor selection.
- Negotiate favorable contracts with reputable vendors that meet the unique and scaling needs of our business.
- Drive a customer service and financial discipline mindset measuring success using goals and metrics.
- Monitor value metrics to make informed decisions that maximize returns across the Vendor Portfolio of products and services.
- Manage consistent capture of portfolio performance including financial, execution and value realization, to increase Agility within the organization.
- Achieve operational success by establishing benchmarks and target KPIs while maintaining a robust knowledge base for handling incidents and training a scaling workforce.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and at least fourteen (14) years (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) of business/industry work experience with a broad range of exposure to various business segments and technical environments.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship). Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Must have a broad range of exposure to various business segments and technical environments. At least 3 years of experience with managing team(s) responsible in strategic planning, financial analysis and client management.
Competence demonstrated in working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business functions and/or units. Candidate must possess strong business acumen at the strategic level vs tactical.
The Service Manager works with all levels of management and the I.T. Outsourcer to ensure financial, contractual and technical requirements are aligned.
Moderate travel may be required.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professional qualifications such as Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Technology Procurement Executive (CTPE) desired.
- Track record of regular interaction with senior-level executives in Fortune 1000 or equivalent is desirable.
- Nimble LEAN and ARBOS thinking to drive change that enables efficiencies and drives growth.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification highly desirable.
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.