Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Analyst, Finance Process Excellence
at Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Job ID
- Accounting & Finance - Other
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas. Our projects present tangible opportunities for you to make a significant impact and be recognized for your outstanding work.
Aerojet Rocketdyne seeks a Senior Analyst, Finance Process Excellence to join our Sacramento, CA location. You will be part of a new accounting process optimization team with high visibility to the Company's Senior Financial Executives and program teams. This position reports to the Manager of Finance Process Optimization. Estimated 5-10% travel with potential increase based on assigned projects.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
Working under limited general direction:
40% - Work with business partners to continually identify opportunities to optimize financial processes, improve overall control environment and reduce cost. Define and drive projects to develop and implement identified opportunities.
40% - Support financial reporting SOX cycle including annual risk assessment, coordination of control design validation (walkthroughs), and monitoring control effectiveness test execution. This includes working directly with business process owners across the company to assess adequacy of deficiency remediation plans and to improve overall control design.
10% - Support special projects and/or accounting initiatives including mergers, acquisitions and divesture initiatives.
10% - Provide technical accounting expertise to program teams ensuring continued application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline and at least 6 years of relevant experience in accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Understanding of finance and accounting processes, systems and applications, and procedures expected.
- CPA preferred.
- Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing accounting a plus.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Principles of business management, including long term contract accounting, methods, and procedures a plus.
- Process improvement techniques and tools.
- Apply general accounting principles/standards and auditing standards and procedures.
- Evaluate complex and/or high volumes of data to develop conclusions.
- Drive process improvement projects.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including preparing comprehensive, clear and concise analytical reports and presentations.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Make sound decisions and recommendations in regard to the Company’s accounting and business management activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Work independently with limited supervision in an fast paced environment.
- Enhance team engagement.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.