Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aegion Corporation
- Job ID
Corrpro Companies, Inc. is looking for a Construction Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Corrpro, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is North America's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.com.
- Provide oversight and project support for production, safety, quality and project management standards.
- Responsible for pre-bid project planning, contract execution/project start-up and closeout.
- Work with field crews and subcontractors to track and manage project costs, meet expected production rates and gross profit margins.
- Attend pre-bid, pre-construction and project status meetings with our customers.
- Assist with scheduling jobs.
- Assists the Engineering & Project Management teams in supervision of sub-contractors and vendors on the Project Site.
- Understands Project plans and specifications.
- Verifies quantities, verifies site conditions and documents critical site details and updates project tracking sheets through information obtained during a preconstruction survey.
- Verifies that necessary Critical Documents are obtained, delivered and/or posted as required
- Verifies work and quantities completed with Foreman and Sub-contractors.
- Enforces company safety regulations, standard operating procedures and quality standards.
- Works with customers, crews and sub- contractors to resolve operational and technical issues and challenges.
- BS/BA degree with a concentration in Civil Engineering or Construction Management and 1+ years related field construction management.
- Must have a solid understanding of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft Projects and JD Edwards software experience a plus.
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction required.
- Ability to Travel up to 50% West Coast and Over Seas
- Ability to submit to an FBI Background Check
- There is an expectation of long hours and weekend work when needed to insure projects completion in available work window.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to region management, customers, and the public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to use computers to do relatively routine data entry and calculations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower an organization. In addition, must be a strong communicator and be able to take the initiative to function without day-to-day guidance.
We offer a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision Insurance, prescription drug coverage, annual bonus potential, 401k matching, tuition assistance, overtime pay, paid time off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested