Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hydro Mechanical Engineer
AECOM has an exciting opportunity to work in an established project office located in pristine Sierra Nevada Foothills near the town of Moccasin California approximately 20 miles west of the entrance to Yosemite National Park and 140 miles east of San Francisco. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under general direction, performs difficult and responsible professional engineering work in the field and office; and oversees technical engineering staff, consultants, and other related staff engaged in a variety of engineering projects.
- Knowledge of: principles and practices of hydro mechanical engineering, including Federal, State, and Local Laws, ordinances, codes, standards, rules, and regulations applicable to planning and design, construction, maintenance, and operation of Powerhouse Power System Equipment: facilities and systems; and research and data analysis methods and techniques.
- Prepares planning and engineering design documents, cost estimates, and analysis for mechanical systems construction and maintenance, applying best practices and developing cost assessments by using AutoCAD and other software tools and databases.
- Provides construction and operation review and support for the operation, maintenance, and replacement of existing and new facilities.
- Provides technical assistance, operational guidance, and engineering support on the maintenance of hydropower systems.
- Conducts a wide variety of planning, research, evaluation and analysis of technologies. Develop Scopes of work, and support negotiation of scope, budget and timelines with consultants and contractors.
- Prepares reports concerning field conditions, the progress of projects, the results of studies, and other matters.
- Conducts field surveys and data gathering as necessary. Provide as-needed technical and engineering support and utility expertise in planning, design, operation and maintenance of hydropower infrastructure systems.
- Performs specialized duties in the areas of mechanical engineering and its related sub-disciplines.
Hydro Mechanical Engineer
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
BS Mechanical Engineering
1+ year(s) wastewater experience
1+ year(s) of water plants experience
Remote site experience
MS Mechanical Engineering
1+ year(s) of hydropower experience
Electric substation project experience
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America
USA - California
US - Sacramento, CA - URS 2020 L Street